Monday, May 11, 2009

godaddy email

About a year ago, I decided it would be nice to own my own domain name, www.kimberlypalmer.com. So I visited www.GoDaddy.com, a popular domain name and web hosting company, and checked on its availability. (When I went to the site itself, it was blank.) The GoDaddy search function told me that someone already owned the site, but I could place a backorder on it for $18.99, which would give me the chance to own the domain name when it came up for auction a year later. So I went ahead and paid the $18.99.

A few days ago, shortly before the domain name was scheduled to come up for auction, I received an email from someone in Australia. (E-mails from international addresses automatically trigger my scam sensors, so I was suspicious.) It was from a man from an Australian technology company (at least that's what he was claiming to be) offering to sell me www.kimberlypalmer.com for $250 -- far above what I would ever consider paying. The E-mail came with a pitch:

3 comments:

  1. If u want To create the Site Using the Same name like the Author Dr. Steve Baba says...U can First check the Domain Name Availablities in the site then register the Domain Name in the same website itself In there are many free facilities for those who creates the Domain Name Registration...The Free Services are...

    • FREE! Photo Album
    • FREE! Blog
    • FREE! Hosting
    • FREE! Complete Email
    • FREE! Forwarding / Masking
    • FREE! Change of Registration
    • FREE! Parked Page w/ Domain
    • FREE! Domain Name Locking
    • FREE! Total DNS Control
    The Site Name is Check The Extension Before Registration Process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godaddy is one of the best hosting services I found Domain registration is a good and very cheap web hosting company in India, they provide affordable and reliable domain name registration service in India

    ReplyDelete
  3. On this subject internet page, you'll see my best information, be sure to look over this level of detail. https://onohosting.com/

    ReplyDelete