Wednesday, February 18, 2009

'Idol:' I'm a-going home

Except to say that I'm officially bored of the Smithson-Johns slow duet arrangement of "The Letter," I'll leave my thoughts on tonight's coronations and eliminations for after the jump...
I understand that they've been building up to this moment for weeks, but you have to admit: What the producers did to Tatiana tonight was pretty cruel. Once it was down to her and Danny for the final Top 12 slot, every person in America save one knew what was going to happen next.
But there she was, looking like she was about to have a major league flip-out, dangling in the breeze during a long commercial break, and finally, informed that her dreams were crushed. The only meaner move would be to bring her back for the Wild Card round, only to send her home again. Let's hope the judges have a little more compassion than that.

Other than that, I was impressed with the poise of the rest of the losing contestants, unsurprised about Danny and Alexis, and certainly not shocked about the success of Michael Sarver, who's a decent singer and a likable guy. Expect to see Anoop Dogg in the Wild Card round. If I had to predict who would join him, I think I'd pick Ricky Braddy and Stevie Wright. Anyone agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment