Friday, April 10, 2009

my cousin vinny

Being aired on TBS, My Cousin Vinny is a 1992 comedy film written by Dale Launer, and directed by Jonathan Lynn, starring Joe Pesci, Ralph Macchio and Marisa Tomei, and featuring Fred Gwynne in his final role. The film deals with two New Yorkers traveling through rural Alabama who are wrongly accused of murder, and the comedic attempts of a cousin, Vinny Gambini, a newly minted lawyer, to defend them.
Much of the humor comes from the contrasting personalities of the Italian American Vinny and his fiancee Mona Lisa Vito, and the more somber Southern townspeople. Pesci gained strong praise for his comedic lead role while Tomei won an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her performance.(source)
Marisa Tomei won an Oscar for her delightful portrayal of Vinny’s girlfriend. With a budget of $11,000,000, My Cousin Vinny was more successful than any had anticipated, grossing $52,929,168 domestically and $11,159,384 in the foreign markets, bringing its overall total to $64,088,552.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I contact you by comment because I didn’t find any other way to do it.
    I’m Mirna, Mperience Communication Manager (www. mperience.com). We like your post and we already inserted on our page dedicated to My cousin Vinny http://www.mperience.com/view/My_Cousin_Vinny).
    We have many themes in common with your blog, as you can see, and we would like to publish on Mperience some other your articles.
    We’ll appreciate if, you can put on your blog the Mperience’s reference, just copying and pasting the html code I will send you later, if you agree.
    Let’s keep in touch!
    Please contact me for any further information, questions or suggestions.

    Mirna
    Mperience
    mirna.gvozdenovic@mperience.com

    ReplyDelete