Wednesday, April 29, 2009

taylor hicks


First, our congradulations goes to those who made it to American Idol top 4 list this evening. Few very interesting things happened during the American Idol April 29, 2009. American Idol season 5 winner Taylor Hicks returned to the idol stage to sing his latest single “Seven Mile Breakdown.”

Adam is in the bottom 3 of Idol This Week on April 29. This was the evening when American Idol when from top 5 to top 4.

Napping at Red Lights reports on this evening's American Idol results.
The biggest shock of the night as American Idol dwindled its numbers to four was not who got sent home, but who was in the Bottom 3. At this point, at least one person had to grace the stools for the first time, but this week we got two newbies.

The jeopardy seats went to Matt Giraud, Kris Allen and Adam Lambert this week after 47 million votes were received, the highest of the season.
I wasn’t surprised to see Kris there. Not because of his performance (I loved it), but because he performed first on Tuesday. Luckily, Kris was declared safe first.

However, I was a bit shocked - and apparently so were his fellow competitors - to find Adam in the Bottom Three. In all honesty I was mostly surprised that Idol went with three on the bottom tier with only five competitors.

Sure Adam is popular and a favorite among the judges. But he also has a large contingent who doesn’t like him. And I think that now that we’ve gotten down to the Final 5, those that don’t like Adam will vote for anyone but him.

In the end though, it was Matt who was sent home, as expected. It was only two weeks ago, Matt was in this same spot and was spared by the judge’s save. I don’t think anyone expected him to win after that, but at least we got to hear him perform a couple more times.

Aside from the results, the Idol stage was busy tonight with three guest performers. But first the Top 5 took on a medley of “I Don’t Mean a Thing” and “I Got Rhythm” for the opening number.
Next up was Natalie Cole. Now she would have made a great mentor for the Rat Pack week. And I enjoyed her performance of “Something’s Gotta Give” from her album Still Unforgettable. My husband seems to think it was a remake, but I couldn’t find out who originally sang it.

Then Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks returned to the Idol stage to sing his latest single “Seven Mile Breakdown” from his album “The Distance.” I wonder why the Idol producers keep bringing back the former Idols. Is it strictly a contractual obligation or are they trying to get them more face time in front of the public? I can’t imagine it’s really because of demand (well with a few exceptions).

And finally, guest mentor Jamie Fox performed “Blame It.” This song was so far away from this week’s theme that I am again wondering why Jamie was a mentor for Rat Pack week. I was really in the mood for more big band tunes and instead I got a plug for Jamie’s album and his movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment